Junior Risk Lawyer
Our client is a UK law firm hiring a Junior Risk Lawyer to join their team in Hertfordshire. This is a part-time role offering hybrid working.
This role would be ideal for someone returning to work after a period of absence or a fee-earner looking to transition to a Risk & Compliance role. Ideally, you will be a qualified lawyer, however, the firm are happy to consider non-qualified applicants with relevant experience gained in a regulated industry.
You will be responsible for supporting other Risk Lawyers to ensure regulatory compliance, undertaking internal audits and answering ethics, conflicts and AML queries.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the MLRO in the firm’s approach to AML, assisting with internal and external reports, and providing training to colleagues
- Liaising with the Risk & Compliance Committee
- Ensuring all complaints are handled in accordance with procedure and liaising with the legal ombudsman
- Handling claims made against the firm, providing instructions to insurers where necessary
- Keeping records of claims and complaints and providing recommendations to address quality issues
- Delivering training on regulatory compliance and induction training
Please apply with a copy of your CV or contact a member of our team to discuss this opportunity further.