Director of Risk
Our client is a leading national law firm seeking a Director of Risk to lead their risk function. This is a really exciting opportunity for a manager looking for a step up to oversee all areas of the firm’s risk and compliance.
This role would suit an experienced solicitor with experience managing a risk team and advising on compliance strategy. To apply, you will need 5+ years of experience in a risk and compliance role within a law firm, and a detailed knowledge of the SRA regulatory framework.
This role can be performed in various locations throughout the UK including London, Manchester, and Birmingham.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and supervising the risk team, including recruitment, training, performance reviews, etc
- Advising the COLP on all regulatory requirements
- Advising the senior management team on delivery and development of the risk compliance strategy
- Overseeing renewal of the firm's accreditations
- Ensure regulatory requirements are considered in projects and change programmes
- Reviewing the firm's policies and procedures such as retainers and terms of business
- Acting as a point of escalation for complex onboarding queries, and supporting the development of the compliance team
- Assisting Information Security to achieve ISO 27001
- Assisting with SRA and GDPR compliance
- Supporting with insurance renewals
- Raising the profile of the risk team internally
- Depending on experience, handling claims against the firm
Please apply with a copy of your CV or contact a member of our team to discuss this excellent opportunity. Thank you.