Risk & Compliance Manager
We are working with a fantastic UK law firm to hire a Risk & Compliance Manager. In this position, you will manage the firm’s regulatory compliance and professional risks, and lead and advise the wider team. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a wide range of risk and compliance activities, focusing on embedding risk and compliance into the firm’s processes.
They are seeking applicants passionate about risk and compliance to deliver the firm’s strategy. The firm is looking for a proactive individual with the ability to motivate and lead a team. You will also need to handle complex issues and act with discretion at all times. This role can be performed in various locations throughout the UK or on a remote working basis.
About the role:
- Improving risk and compliance across the business
- Managing and acting as an escalation point for advisors and lawyers
- Advising on legal, regulatory and risk and compliance issues
- Investigating complaints, incidents and breaches
- Managing ethical, regulatory and conduct risks and updating risk registers
- Carrying out file reviews and audits
- Producing risk and compliance reports on trends and developments with suggestions for mitigation
- Managing client questionnaires and tenders
- Horizon scanning for risk developments and submitting recommendations
- Developing risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Delivering risk and compliance training
- Addressing gaps in the firm’s risk and compliance framework
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Experience in risk and compliance gained at a law firm
- Knowledge of the SRA Handbook, GDPR and Data Protection Act
- Experience developing regulatory policies and procedures
- Skills in communication, analysis, and influencing others
- It would be beneficial to be a qualified solicitor, but not required
Please apply with a copy of your CV if you would like to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.