Data Protection Lawyer
We are working with a top 100 UK law firm to hire a Data Protection Lawyer to join their team in Oxford or Bath. This is a fantastic opportunity to provide commercial and legal support to the team and assist in delivering the firm’s risk and compliance service focusing on data protection.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing data protection compliance policies and procedures
- Monitoring data protection complaints and queries
- Managing SARs
- Creating data protection impact assessments
- Drafting Data Processing Agreements
- Responding to data breaches
- Enhancing the protection of sensitive data
- Identifying trends in breach reports and recommending remedial actions
- Horizon scanning for changes to domestic and international data protection laws and updating policies
- Creating and delivering data protection training for the firm
- Assisting with managing claims
- Reviewing contracts and retainer terms
- Auditing client files
To apply for this role, you should be a qualified lawyer with a good working knowledge of the laws and regulations that apply to law firms and previous experience in risk and compliance gained at a law firm.
Please apply with a copy of your CV to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.