Junior Compliance Officer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an international law firm as a Junior Compliance Officer. In this role, you will advise and train lawyers and staff at all levels on AML, risk assessments, compliance checks, and file opening procedures. The role will involve liaising with lawyers and staff globally, as well as analysis, report writing and research.
There will be opportunities to get involved in various compliance projects, improve existing compliance systems, and build relationships with people at all levels throughout the firm.
To apply for this role you will need strong organisational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail. You will also need to demonstrate a working knowledge of the European and UK legal AML framework and have experience working in risk and compliance at a law firm. Experience of Intapp and conflicts would be beneficial but not required.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Dealing with new client and matter queries and taking responsibility for complex matters, liaising with fee-earners
- Reviewing AML compliance and requesting outstanding documents from fee-earners
- Carrying out conflicts checks
- Carrying out PEP, sanctions, and background checks
- Updating the data protection, PEP, and enhanced risk registers
- Answering queries including background checks and file reopening
- Training new starters
- Advising on relevant policies and procedures
- Supporting ad hoc project work such as PII and other insurance renewals and IT projects
- Updating policies and procedures in line with new regulations or legislation
Please apply with a copy of your CV if you would like to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.