Our client is a leading law firm seeking to hire a Compliance Officer to join their team in London. In this role, you will be a key advisor to fee earners and other staff on a wide range of compliance queries, and will help ensure the Firm remains compliant with all its regulatory obligations.
To apply for this role you should have risk and compliance experience gained at a law firm as well as expertise in data protection, conflicts, CDD and AML.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the COLP, COFA, MLRO and General Counsel to monitor and comply with relevant rules and regulations
- Assisting the general Council with escalations and coordinating implementation of resolutions
- Advising the firm's service lines on data protection matters such as data subject request
- Assisting the MLRO with projects and tasks such as internal file reviews and updates to AML regulations
- Communicating with the SRA regarding the annual renewal of practising certificates and maintaining records
- Assisting with compliance projects such as insurance renewals and third-party supplier screening
- Acting as a point of contact for CDD and onboarding queries
- Analyzing legal and commercial conflicts queries and managing information barriers
- Maintaining compliance policies and risk registers
- Delivering training programs for fee earnest and other stuff on legal and regulatory requirements
- Overseeing matter file reviews
- Horizon scanning for changes to relevant laws and regulations and updating policies and procedures as needed
Please apply with a copy of your CV or contact a member of our team to discuss this excellent opportunity. Thank you.